ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, November 19, 2012

"HOW DID it start? Stupid question."

As is my habit during the week, I ventured over to Nicole Sandler's Radio or Not website today to stream her show and I saw that she posted an article by the Israeli Peace Movement Gush Shalom founder Uri Avnery, which she described as "the best thing I’ve read from an Israeli about the horrific practice of bombing one another into oblivion instead of fixing the problems that divide us" and I have to agree with Nicole on all counts.  Read it and you'll learn more about what is going on there then you likely will otherwise.

To be sure, I am no expert on the Mid-East but I do have a sense of justice and I have long felt that Israel has treated the Palestinian people like absolutely fucking shit.  As former President Jimmy Carter said, the Palestinians are living under apartheid.  The Palestinians are fenced in, they can't hardly get basic supplies or medicine, and often live in squalor, even as Israeli settlers expand into the prime land while pushing the Palestinians out of their homes.

You know, if an Israeli bulldozer was tearing down my house to make room for Israeli settlers to move in, you better fucking know that I would would respond with guns and rockets too.

Ultimately, you reap what you sow.  If you treat people like shit, don't expect them to like it.  They're going to fight back.  The fighting over there doesn't have to be.  I know hatred exists on both sides but if Israel ever wants to really have peace, they better put away the guns and try a little milk and honey instead.  Listen to the Israeli Peace Movement.  Break the chain of reaction and retaliation.  End the violence and fix the problems. Otherwise, like Uri Avnery writes, the bloodletting will go on forever.


Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home