ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New additions to the Book List 2007

Damn, the Great Book Reading Project is bearing all kindsa fruit! I am so excited. So okay, you louts who come visit yet never bother to comment except via email (hey, you know, the whole idea of blogging is, you should know what happens in my life without my having to write each and every bleeding one of you, for crisake). Smoke suggests I take half the books off the list and replace them with the same number of books I need to read for the Great Book Writing Project. In other news, Smoke has now created a reading list also. While adding these books to mine:

My Life in France - Julia Child
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers
Book of Writers Talking to Writers - Vendela Vida

I added:

Better Living Through Bad Movies - Scott Clevenger and Sheri Zollinger

I'm almost done with Chekhov, and very glad I decided to read him again. I've also begun listing the books to be read for the Great Book Writing Project, of which there are approximately 500. Yowza.

I'm also done with Julia Child's book - very enjoyable, if a mite fluffy - and halfway through Sheri and Scott's excellent book, and partway through Dave Eggers' book. I know, it's a bad habit to read bits and pieces here and there, but Sheri and Scott's book was irresistible, and how can you not want to peek into a book that claims to be Heartbreaking and Staggering and et cetera? Eh?

Damn. Smoke just handed me ANOTHER Dave Eggers book. Eeek.

And, question for Bri, and everyone else, too: When do I find time to read the Oracle 10 and 11 manuals, the XP, Vista, and Win2k3 manuals, the Linux doc, the UNIX doc, and the doc for all the new software I'm installing, at work, and at home? Eh? And there's about a dozen chemistry textbooks in there too, dammit. I'm SO FUCKING DEAD!!

Sigh.

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Frank Bennett said...

One of my all time favourite works of humour (verging on satire) is Ring Lardner, "You Know Me Al".

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You know, I read that in my teens - and I think I should read it again, because there are books you have to read every decade, and I think that's one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home