ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, February 08, 2008

B.A.D. Featured Blogger


Today, we nipped by (hee!) to Brandy's Moue Magazine, to find &mdash this! We knew that Brandy featured indie retailers, which we think is an excellent service. We're sick and tired of our tax dollars as well as our personal "disposable" (Hah! Wotta laugh!) income going to support scuzzy multinational corporate giants who have no loyalty to the source of their rich tax breaks or to the nation. They keep cutting our wages, benefits, and jobs out from under us. We'd love to cut the buying public out from under them.

That's why Brandy's site makes us so happy. But, like all do-gooder insufferable politically-assed treehuggin' self-righteous obnoxious jerks, we had long since resigned ourselves to buying "alternative label" stuff that would be a poor substitute for those cool-yet-hateful products we had once enjoyed.

And Brandy points us to this! Do these boots look like Converse hi-tops (our favourite footgear, now produced by sweatshop owner Nike)? Well, do they?

Damn, wish I'd found this place when I still had a job. Anyone wanna buy me a cool pair o' hightops? Yeah, I know I had my birfday, but I still have, oh, 326 UNbirfdays to celebrate, yaknow.

Labels: , , , , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I'm wanting this jacket (http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1512) so bad that I can taste it but by the time I afford it, it'll be summer.

-Brandy

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I'm still hoping I can blackmail somebody into getting me those boots! %^D

I'm so glad I found you, and so appreciate that you're doing this. You have no idea. I hate to shop because I just can't, in good conscience, give my dollars to Macy's (union-busters extraordinaire) and their ilk. Now I can shop in peace again (well, as soon as I'm painfully employed anyway).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home