ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Workers' Rights - Working America


Farm Workers by Ansel Adams

You probably already know that jobless claims went up recently, and that the number of jobs available dropped this month. The economic picture looks pretty sucky. So I set off to websurf information about jobs. I came across Working America. It's the AFL-CIO net presence. Interesting. I've always wondered why white-collar workers mostly don't form, or belong to, unions. I guess they, more than other workers, have fallen for the lie of the rich and powerful, that if they work hard enough they will someday belong to the ranks of the rich and powerful.

Anybody know anything about this organization? Working America, I mean. Feel free to share the love.

Labels:

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home