ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Health - Stress-Related Disorders


Stress. We all suffer from it in this modern life. It's just a question of degree. Right now the stress levels at Casa de Los Gatos are very high. Work is stressful, the employment situation is full of unknowns. I like order. I like doing things the same way all the time. I don't like change, especially sudden change, and it's stressing me out something terrible. On the plus side, I am reading. I don't feel like doing much else, but I don't like doing nothing, either. Reading feels like doing something. So I was pleased to read this article in the WaPo.
Although there is little quality research linking debt to poor health, experts say there's no question that being in debt can be stressful. And a wide body of research has tied stress to health problems including high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and stomach disorders such as colitis.

"As with any serious stress," debt does have an "impact on one's physical health," said Elizabeth Carll, a New York-based stress and trauma psychologist. Financial worries may cause a person to be "run-down, have more colds, migraines and headaches, [and] their current medical conditions may get worse."
And another positive thing: We don't carry debt and we do save money regularly.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home