ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Politics AND Entertainment - Frank Zappa


I've been a Zappa fan since I first heard him, and I will always be grateful that I got to attend a concert and see/hear him live. He was a great musician, an entertainer, and more politically savvy than probably 99 per cent of the population. Anyway, lately I've been on a Zappa musical binge, and although there's a limit to how much of the doo-wop and pure instrumental jazz I can listen to, some of his rock music just, well, rocked. For all you Zappa fans out there, and especially for Smoke, I give you HotPlate Heaven In The Green Hotel:

Frank Zappa (guitar, lead vocals)
Ray White (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Ike Willis (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Bobby Martin (keyboards, saxophone, vocals)
Alan Zavod (keyboards)
Scott Thunes (bass)
Chad Wackerman (drums)

I used to have a job
An' I was doin' fairly well
Depression came along
An' everybody start to yell
"Where'd they go, them good ol' days,
An' all that crap we used to sell?"
Now I'm in Hot-Plate Heaven,
at the Green Hotel

Republicans is fine,
If you're a multi-millionaire
Democrats is fair,
If all you own is what you wear
Neither of 'em's REALLY right,
'Cause neither of 'em CARE
'Bout that Hot-Plate Heaven,
'Cause they ain't been there

They really oughta go
'N find out how the hall-way smell --
They'd benefit to know
'Bout what the bums in there could tell
(I guess we're only dreamin',
But I s'pose it's just as well
That's ALL you get to dream
Up in the Green Hotel)

Nature didn't put me here,
An' neither did my fate --
It musta been some evil ol'
Republican candidate!
He's over there in Washington,
But I wish he was in HELL
'Cause I'm in Hot-Plate Heaven
At the Green Hotel
Things is slightly better now;
They hope we will forget
The misery of 'TRICKLE DOWN',
An' jelly-bean etiquette
The Regal Presidential Style
Has simply not worn well,
But neither has my rags,
Up in the Green Hotel

I said the Green Hotel
I mean the Green Hotel
Been there once
The Green Hotel
We're goin' again
The Green Hotel
Neither has my rags,
Up in the Green Hotel
Hey, pass me the dog-food!

Someone should add lyrics for the Bush I and II years. Ain't gonna be me, though!

Labels: ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

Hey, Political Cat --- you got e-mail? I've got pix of "Winter," the gorgeous white cat that was abandoned at my vet's office.

I've had one nibble from Pennsylvania about him, but nothing solid yet. Do you know how to ship a cat cross-country without the kitty getting hurt or neglected en-route?

Swing by my place and holler at me!

http://www.anntichristscoulter.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

Thanks, Political Cat! I'm glad to have those lyrics. Sometimes the cat food doesn't smell half bad. But will I be able to afford that when I'm old old old?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home