ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Food, Health, and Acid/Alkaline Balance


My esteemed colleague, PolCat, blogs so frequently about food and health. PolCat, thank you.

Here are two of her most recent food blogs:
Food
Food II

I'd like to add some information to her encouragement about eating vegetables and fruit. It's also important to have a balance of acidic and alkaline foods.

Recently, I have been suffering from heartburn mostly ... with some reflux. This health problem doesn't just affect your stomach. It really can become a systemic problem: your throat burns, you can develop a cough, it can affect the health of your lungs. It can make you feel really lousy ... it really drains you of energy and takes away your joie de vivre.

If your body is out of balance because you are eating too many foods that are acidic, your body can become sick in many ways. Some people believe that it can lead to cancer if your body is badly out of balance for a long period of time. But you can become smarter about what foods you eat by checking the Acid/Alkaline Food Chart posted by Google.

I looked at the chart and realized that so much of the food that I'm drawn to is acidic. Dang! Plus, lately, I've been drinking too many cappuccinos -- which is one of the highly acidic foods. I do like/love many of the foods in the Alkaline column too. So, I'm going to really try to balance it all out. And I intend to drink a cappuccino ... just every once in a while.

Enjoy eating again. Enjoy the right foods!

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Nice post. Oh, and thanks for making me a gurl. Luv gurlz.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

Oh, goodness. Now I'm wondering ... did I out you?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger sgtg said...

gurlz rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home