ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Caturday!

From the ICHC LOLCattery

Yes sirree, it's that time of week again. Caturday!

Frankly, I'm more than a little zonked on nice, strong painkilling drugs, so bear with this incoherent post, if you will.

Today's treats include a cute little Fluffster named Maru, after one of my favorite bloggers:



I'm sure I'm late to the Maru Admiration Club, but hey. I like.

It's been a tough week. Next week brings? Who knows? There's a little possibility of some much-needed rain. Dare we put in the tomatoes? The cats were all winterized, with a thick secondary and primary coat grown out when we got hit by unseasonably warm weather. They spend a good portion of their time attempting to evade grooming, spreading vast quantities of hair on the bedclothes, yarking up hairballs, and making little slitty eyes of hate at us when it's too warm for them to move. Lousy little buggers. You'd think they'd have SOME gratitude for what we do, but NOOOO. Not them. Fortunately, the attempts to put each others' eyes out have diminished. Somewhat.

Unfortunately, they appear to have rediscovered a small cache of toys under the bed, as a result of strange workers entering the house to fix the fireplace wall, which leaked during the whole two days of rain we've had this winter. The little sods, who tread on us as freely as if we were doormats marked "Property of Los Gatos de La Casa de Los Gatos," dash under the nearest piece of furniture the minute they hear a stranger at the door.

Imagine, if you will, 23 lb. of Zingiber, who is tall as well as wide, and fat in the extreme, trying to squeeze himself under approximately 4 inches of bedspace. The frantic kicking of his podgy little legs is well worth the cost of catfood in terms of amusement. Especially since touching either leg or tail results in frantic shrieks.

One of my favourite LOLs over at ICHC

I know. Y'all had no idea I was so cruel. But hey, apart from his fevered imagination, no one really actually gets hurt, or anything. Besides, he's put holes in every inch of my body this month. What about my needs, eh? I did take pictures of them — less than flattering pictures, to be sure, but pictures nonetheless. In the event, I thought I'd upload them today, but that is not to be. It's all I can do to keep my eyelids separated and my fingers working.

Incidentally, I should post this over at CultureVultures, but I'm a lazy bugger, so here goes: If you have Netflix (and even if you don't), you really ought to pick up the BBC series, Wire in the Blood. Excellent. Really. Plus, there's a fat ginger cat in it.

Have a wonderful weekend, all, and don't forget to give your beasties all the love they need and want!

Extra-special bonus completely and totally unrelated to Caturday, but I just love this gal and she has a good voice:

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger spira62 said...

I am in the middle of season 5 of Wire in the Blood. Quite a good series, although I wish there were more than one episode per disc.
Also, my next door neighbor is an elderly man named Carrol Jordan, is that weird??

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hey, spira, sorry to be so late with comments, I was suddenly attacked by the 'flu. Yes, that is weird (Carrol Jordan).

I, too, wish one could get the whole boxed set, or ten episodes per disc, but hey. I'm happy to be getting what I'm getting. We're about to watch Season Three, Episode 1. I started out really liking the character of Dr. Tony Hill, but at this point I think he's downright creepy - something reinforced by actually reading part of Val McDermid's novel on which the series is based. Nice to see you here, and looking forward to seeing more of you (virtually, of course). Regards to the whole family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home