ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

B.A.D.!!!

Concept by Skippy and Jon Swift, graphics by Skippy


That's right, folks, don't touch that dial. It's Blogroll Amnesty Day, a day of celebration of the diverse voices in the blogosphere! Thanks be to Skippy B. Roo and Jon Swift, two of the leading lights of Blogtopia (y,Sctp!), we celebrate this day in memory of the Thinning of the Blogherd by those who would like to believe they are herders. Details here. Many thanks also to BlueGal, Queen of Activism and of Blogtopia.

Rules? Simple. Find five interesting, new, or whatever blogs that have less traffic than you do, and link to them!
  • She doesn't post very often, but each post is a delicious mouthful. Check out Virginia at I Love Karl Rove. Teh icky pink background is just another plus. Oh, and the hearts.

  • Lebanese Political Journal offers a glimpse at life in the Arab world, well, the relatively progressive multi-culti enclave of Lebanon. I like her blog and give it Two Severed Thumbs and Four Severed Digits Up. Check it out.

  • Kevin Keith blogs on some heavy topics over at Sufficient Scruples. I don't remember how I found his blog and of late I haven't visited as much as I wish I had, but he always leaves me with something to think about.

  • El Cabrero blogs over at Goat Rope about economic and social justice, both in West Virginia and the rest of the world. Some interesting thoughts about capitalism!

  • J.A. Baker describes hirself as "a random schmuck mouthing off about the state of the world," always seems to find the issues that madden me most and blogs them well and faithfully at JABbering Stooge.
I'd love to include a dozen more of my fine denizens of Blogtopia (y,Sctp!), but my medications are calling in threatening voices. Nevertheless, thanks to you all, and the weekly B.A.D. Stroll throught teh Blogroll will resume this week.

Stumble It!

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Connecticut Man1 said...

I have yet to do an actual B.A.D. post, except for one mentioning that the day was coming, last week. Yeah! I am slacking, but I will get one out there soon.

I hope all is well with you? Any day that I am still alive and kicking is a good day, IMHO.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

My feeling exactly, ConnecticutMan. Hope y'all are doing OK? I will have a new knee by March sometime. As long as there's enough pain meds, I'm happy. Well, maybe not exactly HAPPY, but hey.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the linky love! I should point out, though, that I am in possession of a Y chromosome, and therefore a dude.

Just thought you should know.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

JABbering Stooge, you're welcome. Thanks for the info. Without actual chromosomal information, I try to be, um, nonpartisan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home