ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, September 05, 2008

2008 Elections: Choose Wisely




Commenter sheasie asks a very important question:

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?

With America facing historic debt, multiple war fronts, stumbling health care, a weakened dollar, all-time high prison population, skyrocketing Federal spending, mortgage crises, bank foreclosures, etc. etc., this is an ***unusually critical*** election year.

Let's look at the educational background of your two options:

Obama:
Occidental College - Two years.
Columbia University - B.A. political science with a specialization in international relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

& Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in history and B.A. in political science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.


McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank 894 of 899

& Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in journalism

Now, which team are you going to "hire" ?

=====================================================

Choose wisely and well. We — the nation and the world — can't afford four more years of Bush policies and economic disaster.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

4 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger One Fly said...

Don't be pickin on these guys. That ain't fair.

The religiously insane want people just a dumb as they are. We don't need no edukation.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Sungold said...

Well, the choice is clear to me. But then I'm one of those elitists, anyway, aren't I? (Never mind that Obama and I were both scholarship kids, big time. If you can think for yourself, you're clearly a victim of latte poisoning.)

(Actually, I am such a blob of protoplasm without my morning coffee, there's some real truth to that.)

I'm still hearing Pink Floyd echoing in my skull from the last comment. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have something brilliant to say. Being such an elitist and all.

To be dead serious for a moment: This isn't just a critical election year. It's a historical turning point. I wish to the Ceiling Cat that all my fellow Americans could *get* that.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

pc --

i read on ther internets that Sarah aka the Caribou Barbie - went to six colleges, not five

we liburals should get our facts together

LOL

amazing huh = being hailed as the second coming of Mary or Queen Elizabeth or whatever

not only is she nuts, she is dangerously nuts

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Hear hear to all the comments above! And I am just having my morning coffee now. But I see it like if I needed brain surgery. Would I select the dumbest bottom of the class doctor to operate on my skull? I don't think so. And after 8 years of the current preznit, we really need a top flight surgeon, someone really smart to fix this mess. McCain, at 5th from the bottom of his class doesn't cut it for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home