ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

2008 Elections: Letter From Bill


La Casa de Los Gatos receives email from the former President, a man wot we would've stood in line in the pouring rain for a couple of hours to hear a speech from. Damn. This just makes us so sad.

In the interest of less sad and more entertainment, we reply to teh letter. Read it and meep.
It's increasingly obvious that no one at HQ is reading the replies to your letters.

Bill, I was a dedicated supporter of you and Hillary from around 1990 when I first heard about Hillary from a friend who works in children's rights issues. When the Republicans came down on you like the wrath of God for some consensual sexual misbehaviour, I defended you.

I lost friends and angered colleagues and acquaintances because I spent the best part of two decades defending you and Hillary.

But every time I try to support Hillary through this campaign, she says and does things that sheerly piss me off, Bill.

Today's comment about working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, was the final straw. As a nonwhite person, I really resent that Hillary Clinton saved her remarks about us shiftless, lazy nonwhite folks until she was campaigning in a state where she no longer had to worry about our vote. Excuse my shiftless, nonworking, nonhardworking lazy nonwhite ass if I decide not to give y'all a penny outa my pocket, Bill.

It was bad enough listening to your comments about Jesse Jackson winning in South Carolina. Bad enough when Geraldine Ferraro played pit bull and Hillary neither stopped nor denounced her. Bad enough when Hillary's staffers sent out pictures to Matt Fucking Drudge of Obama in "Muslim" clothing. Bad enough when Hillary refused to speak up for Reverend Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, after leaking information about him to the press without ever once acknowledging that she had invited him to the WH to counsel her and your good self after the Lewinsky episode. Bad enough that Hillary referred to people like myself as "elitist." Bad enough that she implied that anyone with an education is "elitist."

Today's remarks went right over the top. So do, please, excuse my shiftless, lazy, elitist, educated, nonworking, nonwhite ass for failing to rally behind you and Hillary any more, Bill. Because quite frankly, I feel like a chump for throwing away 18 years of my political life on the two of you, especially now that you've made it clear that you despise the likes of me, even as you ask me for money.

Sincerely. And bitterly.

X

Bill Clinton wrote:

Hillary for President



Dear X,

We have to make every one of the next 27 days count -- please act today!
I want to tell you about the day I had on Monday. I stopped in nine towns throughout North Carolina, starting the day at 7:30 a.m. in Elizabeth City and ending with a rally in Raleigh. That's the most stops I've ever done in a single day -- for any campaign. And I couldn't be happier to work that hard for Hillary.

I talked to a lot of people that day, and one thing was crystal clear -- people want Hillary to stay in this race until every last voter has a say. That's why Hillary and I are working so hard. That's why we've made a deep commitment to keep campaigning, keep fighting, and keep winning.

We have had a lot of success in this campaign, and our come-from-behind victory in Indiana is the latest example of how Hillary wins when she has your support behind her. As long as you share her commitment to winning, this race is going to continue.

Our next test is just five days away in West Virginia. Hillary needs your help right now to keep winning.

Contribute now to help us show the strength of our campaign.

I know something about coming back to win after you've been counted out. So does Hillary. Over the course of this campaign, the pundits have tried to declare a premature end to the race dozens of times.

Well, last time I checked, it's still up to the voters. And there are a lot of voters who haven't had their say yet.

It's up to us to make sure that the voters in West Virginia and the other states yet to come are given a choice. I urge you to act now to help Hillary keep fighting.

Show your support by making a contribution today.

I wish I could talk to every last person who has worked so hard for Hillary to thank you for everything you've done for her. You mean so much to both of us. She's still in this thing because of your hard work and your indomitable spirit.

Sincerely,

Bill Clinton

Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President
Contributions to Hillary Clinton for President are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Corporate contributions are prohibited by law.

All content � 2008 Hillary Clinton for President
4420 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203


From ICHC

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

I used to have a lot of respect for Bill's political ability, not so much for his principles, but he was good. This campaign doesn't show it, at all. Maybe the problem is the candidate.

I have admired political ability in opponents and disliked their ideology. RR was a political machine, an asshole, but what a politician. Hillary is just not very damn good, minus the coattails she'd have been toast long ago.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger zoe said...

As usual, excellent post.
Her hard workin' white folk comment really sent me over the edge. I was furious. Your letter to Bill is priceless.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

her whole campaign this year has been marked with racist undertones and now overtones.

i would vote for howdy doody for senator before i vote for her again...

sadly you are seeing a woman who is in such a state of shock and denial --- the innards of her brain are coming unglued

 

Post a Comment

<< Home