ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Entertainment: For Ms. Manitoba

From ICHC

We have it on good authority that poutine is the national dish of Canada (Eastern Canada, says Ms. M, but we have friends in Vancouver who swear by it too).

Canadian visitors! We urge you to weigh in on the issue. Is poutine restricted to Eastern Canada? Or might those of us who long to visit Vancouver again luck out and get to taste it?

Come to think of it &mdash do we want to taste it?

Knight's Canadian Info Collection describes poutine at length. Checkidout!

Labels: , , , ,

Stumble It!

6 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

You little devil! Actually a more common dish is tourtière -- a meat pie. But maybe that's among us oldsters ... maybe it's not so popular anymore. Not sure. My cousins have never made me one. My Grandpapa used to make crème au sucre. C'est bon!!

"Bon appetite, now you may eat!" as my 11 yr old says.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I've et tourtiere! I love it. It's like Cornish pasty. Or curry puffs. Or bobotie.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger One Fly said...

I'll take the meat pie.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

If you go that way a Pastie is the stuff. See UP of MI

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger BadTux said...

I didn't see any poutine when I was in Vancouver last, but then I did not go looking for it either.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

Unlikely to see it in Vancouver ... where large numbers of Anglophones congregate. Go to Québec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home