ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Politi - WHAAAA??

Okay, this is beyond belief. Take a look at this little girl:

Cute li'l thing, ain't she? I don't much care for the Cult Of The Child, but I have no problem with individual kids. Especially, I do NOT have a problem with helping sick children. I wish people would be responsible about having children. Not have them just because they were too stupid, lazy, ignorant, or horny to use birth control, but have them because you really want them and do everything you can to raise them right.

But once they're here, we all, as a society, need to acknowledge that they're here not by their choice but by their parents'. And we need to do whatever we can to ensure that they grow up to be productive members of society. Sometimes that means sacrificing our money, by way of taxes, to give them health care or a good education. I have no fucking problem with that.

I'd much rather my taxes paid for Bethany's heart surgery than for one SECOND of war in some distant country.

And the right (wrong!) wing is attacking this child**? What the hell is wrong with people?

**To see evidence of the right-wing attacks, google Michelle Malkin and NRO and search their sites. I'm not linking to them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home