ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Consumer Rights

Photo by Richard A. Lipski, Washington Post

I larfed. No, really. I mean, who among you has not occasionally felt like this?

This fine, upstanding lady, Mona Shaw, decided to let Comcast know her feelings about their customer service - or lack thereof - with a claw hammer. To quote her:
... "they thought just because we're old enough to get Social Security that we lack both brains and backbone."

[...]

Her take on Comcast: "What a bunch of sub-moronic imbeciles."

[...]

"I scared the tar out of some people, at least," she says. "It had never occurred to me to take a hammer to a phone company before, but I was just so upset. . . . After I hit the keyboard, I turned to this blonde who had been there the previous Friday, the one who told me to wait for the manager, and I said, ' Now do I have your attention?' "
A vice-president of Comcast, Beth Bacha, had this to say in response:
Bacha noted that Comcast has more than 25 million customers, the overwhelming majority of which are very satistified with their service.
I'm sure she meant "of whom," but why quibble?

Incidentally, what the nice lady did was a crime, and she was arrested and fined. So don't get any ideas, and put those hammers down.

Labels: , , , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home