ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Caturday!

Image courtesy of I Can Has Cheezburger

Now with added Cat Tails, er, Tales.

This week's Cattail is Gojira's. She's quite the princess - as the only girl in a houseful of boys, she gets to pull that shit. And she likes playing chaperone to her humans. She wants to sleep between them, not beside them, unlike the others who are quite happy to squash our knees, feet, and sides. She says she needs protection from Gustav the Psychokitty, which could well be true, although we've noticed that they often stay in together when all the others are out running around.

Gojira gets quite annoyed, vocal, and pointy-pawed if we get too close to her when we're sleeping. So last week, I gave up the battle and positioned her Very Own Pillow between ours. She's quite a treat to watch at bedtime. She comes in, makes her dainty way to her pillow, massages it into shape, walks in little circles on it as if sussing its feng shui, then curls up neatly, nose tucked into tail, and it's off to the Land of Nod. Sometimes she'll briefly favour us with a glare from a poison-green, black-lined eye, as if to say, "Hold down the noise, I'm trying to sleep." But she's very happy with her new sleeping arrangements, and who can blame her? We've finally acceded to her role as chaperone in our life.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

LOL! Catz rule!

I'm probably repeating this story about my beautiful Siamese Keiki. Many nights, just after I went to bed, Keiki would jump up and paw at my face until I lifted the covers to let him come under them. I often sleep on my left side and he would turn around several times before settling in right next to me with his head on the pillow and I'd put my arm around him and give him some kisses and we'd go to sleep. I always woke up alone, so I don't know how long he stayed there, but it was a very sweet routine that gives my heart a little pang when I remember my boy.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hey, Sandy, how nice of you to visit! What a sweet story about you and Keiki. They never really leave us, do they? They always live in our hearts and our minds. You had his love for a good long time. Remember my offer if you decide it's time for a new furfriend. By the bye, there's a new treatment for allergies caused by pet dander, I'll post about it as soon as I can. Be well, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home