ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Xmas Orts

Ridiculous. When the fuck will these people emerge from the dark ages? Dalit (untouchable caste) girl has her fingers chopped off for taking a few spinach leaves from the farm of a high-caste prick. I hope he gets a virulent bout of E. Coli from the spinach. Details here.

There are many sources of information about Dalits, also known as Harijans or Untouchables. Here is a good one. The Mahatma would be turning over in his grave to hear that this crap still goes on today.

It is simply unconscionable that Wall Street is handing out largesse of this ilk at a time when workers in China are literally slaving to provide these conspicuous consumers with their luxuries. No matter how hard these wellfed swine work, I doubt any of them puts in a 94-hour work-week.

And it's not just the poor employed in China who are getting the boot in their tender bits. Minimum-wage workers in the U.S. have not seen a wage increase in a decade.

Figure it out, greedbags of Wall Street. $5.15 an hour doesn't exactly help you save for that Ferrari. Shoot, you're lucky if you can afford underpants without holes on those wages.

While middle-class workers slide into bankruptcy, CEOs take home bonuses in the multimillions, even if they've driven their companies into the ground.

Even the Pope had to set aside his Prada-shopping habits for the season to hand out this Ort of Popely Wisdom:
It was shameful that in "this age of plenty and unbridled consumerism" many remained deaf to the "heart-rending cry" of those dying of hunger, thirst, disease, poverty, war and terrorism.
I don't know about the "terrorism" part. That's obviously in there to satisfy the Allies of Good. The rest of it, though, is pretty spot-on.

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Frank Bennett said...

Just a note to say "Hi", and to say that I'll be dropping by your pages from time to time. I've checked out a few items in your blog roll, and enjoyed the reading very much. Maybe there is something of value in this web log craze after all.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Mark Pritchard said...

Hey, Political Cat,

You've given me an idea. As you may realize, I am the feline pope-in-exile. I may have few comments to make about the fat cats myself in my traditional (well, this is the first) New Year's address to the millions of cats who are eagerly awaiting my words, seeking comfort and inspiration. Who am I kidding? My followers are probably sound asleep. No matter. I will not be silenced. And neither, I hope, will you.

Fondly,
Pope Miracle I (Milagrito to you)
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?i=238861

 

Post a Comment

<< Home