ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Health news this month

I guess I need to post more regularly. Anyway, I've been meaning to do this forever -- post about medicine and health and eventually, perhaps a digest of science news for the week, since I seem to spend a lot of time emailing stuff like this to All and Sundry. So. Perhaps Type I diabetes is reversible, after all. I am so hopeful.

And yet another reason to go vegetarian. Not that we'll have much of a choice in a decade or two. The new strain of E. coli is so much more virulent than the old. And campylobacter can result in arthritis. Yum.

Why, oh why, did the good editors of this story pick this picture, I ask myself. Frankly, it looks as if the subject has just relieved themselves of a stupendous fart, one which has colored the grass behind them a vivid fuschia.

Topical anesthetic creams, often used in procedures such as laser hair removal and tattoos, are the subject of a warning by the FDA. Serious health risks. Hmm. I wonder if the OTC creams I use for my fucked up knees count?

A tribute to our Dear Heroine is surely in order during this season of celebration. No? You don't think so? Well, at least let's not let her (mis)deeds be forgotten. Admittedly, her psychopathic boyfriend was more to blame than she, but without willing followers, such "leaders" will find themselves, as they so richly deserve, strung up by the appropriate portion of their anatomy.

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger McBlogget said...

Yes, compounding (i.e., when a pharmacy mixes drugs together on site) comes under special scrutiny by the FDA sometimes. Compounding is actually fairly rare among the large pharmacy chains.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Wouldn't you know that mcblogget would be such a knowitall. Dude. I'm'a have to take that outa your hide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home