ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Meta: Light Blogging

Both parental units have been hospitalized with chest infections that turned into pneumonia and heart failure for the one and fever with delirium and disorientation for the other.

We might have to leave at short notice. We will try to continue posting tomorrow. At present we are awaiting information from doctors.

Thanks for your patience.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!

9 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Hi PolCat, my thoughts are with you and I hope things work out well. Its a hard thing to watch your parents decline and to eventually loose them. I know, oh my do I know. All the best to you and my love as well.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Oh, PC! I'm so sorry! You know my family has recently been going through a transition with my Mom, so you have all my empathy.

Sending you thoughts of love and healing.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Batocchio said...

Good grief. Best wishes.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

kitty,
My best to you and yours,
deep regards
Chuck

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger zoe said...

Sending loving thoughts, and healing ones too. So sorry.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Sungold said...

Oh boy. This sounds very tough. Here's wishing your parents recovery, to the greatest extent possible - and for you, the strength you'll need to get through this, too.

Warmly,
Sungold

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Thank you so much, all. They are lucky to have free healthcare. Hopefully, this is just a little glitch. Dad's remarkably healthy for a person in his 90s: an enlarged heart, a bit deef, cataracts.

Mum's survived cancer, diabetes, multiple strokes, and various other ailments but is still sharp as a whip. Hopefully, they'll soon be back in shining health.

In any event, if I have to leave, I'll let all know. Your kindness and support means a lot to me. Thanks again.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger poe said...

Sending my good wishes and healing thoughts your family's way, TPC. Hang in there...p

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Fixer said...

All the best. Been down that road and I wish you strength.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home