ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

2008 Elections: Kick The Vichycrat Out NOW!


Senator Joe "Bootlicker" LIEberWhore is at it again, doing his best impersonation of a Republican.

Democrats, if you don't get a nice big majority in Senate AND House this year, you should all just quit politics. Because there is NO excuse, absolutely NO excuse for a pathetic whining scumbag like Joe Lieberman to hold any kind of political office or power. None whatsoever.

Here he is at his slimy, crawling best:
To: Fellow McCain Supporters

From: Senator Joe Lieberman

Date: June 5th, 2008

Today, I asked Senator McCain if I could create and chair a new grassroots organization, “Citizens for McCain.”

Citizens for McCain is an organization within the McCain campaign for people who put country before political party and support the candidate for President who has a proven record of bipartisanship.

As you know, I caucus with the Democrats as a United States Senator and was the Democrat Party’s nominee for Vice-President of the United States against President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

But first and foremost, I am an American. I have an obligation to do what I think is best for our nation regardless of political party. My love for this country and strong belief in John McCain’s character, judgment, and willingness to work with leaders of both parties has convinced me to support him for President.

I have worked with John McCain for many years in the U.S. Senate and know from experience that he can unite Democrats, Republicans and Independents like no one else in this country. He did it in the United States Senate and he can do it as President of the United States.

But we need help from McCain supporters such as you to reach out to Americans who are not currently involved in the campaign. Will you help us by recruiting your friends, family, and co-workers who may not consider themselves members of the Republican Party and ask them to join the Citizens for McCain organization?

I am confident we will find many Democrats and Independents who, like John McCain and me, put country before political party and will support a leader with a real record of bipartisanship.

Time and time again John McCain has put his country first. He refused early release when he was held captive in Vietnam. He continued to put his country first as a national leader in the U.S. Senate. He put country before party when he fought to pass campaign finance reform, sought a bi-partisan solution to the immigration problem, and consistently supported pro-environment policies. His courage to stand up to the failed Iraq war plan of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and lead the fight for a new strategy in Iraq will go down in history, and it saved American lives. These were not always the easy things to do. In fact, they were usually very difficult, and often threatened his political career. But John McCain did what was right.

He said it best in his speech in New Orleans on Tuesday night:

“(The American people) know I have a long record of bipartisan problem solving. They’ve seen me put our country before any President — before any party — before any special interest — before my own interest. They might think me an imperfect servant of our country, which I surely am. But I am her servant first, last and always.”

The phones at the campaign headquarters have been ringing with disaffected Democrats calling to say they believe Senator McCain has the experience, judgment, and bipartisanship necessary to lead our country in these difficult times. Many of these supporters are former supporters of Senator Clinton.

Senator McCain has had a very good working relationship with Senator Clinton and will continue to do so in the future.
You mean, like when he told a bunch of you slimy politicians that Chelsea Clinton was so ugly because Janet Reno was her father? You seem to have forgotten that about Senator McCain, Joe.
In the same New Orleans speech he said:

“Senator Clinton has earned great respect for her tenacity and courage. The media often overlooked how compassionately she spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans, and she deserves a lot more appreciation than she sometimes received. As the father of three daughters, I owe her a debt for inspiring millions of women to believe there is no opportunity in this great country beyond their reach. I am proud to call her my friend.”

I am proud to call John McCain my friend and ask you to help our friend become the next President of the United States.

Please forward this email to your lists today and ask your friends, family, and coworkers who do not consider themselves Republicans to join me in filling out the Citizens for McCain form today.

Thank you for your willingness to help me expand this new organization. Together, we will make history
If he's hoping to be McCain's Veep, he's got a big second think coming. McCain has already blown all of AIPAC, he doesn't need Joe for that, and NoMojoe will frighten away the fundies who think the Antichrist is a Jew.

Get that, Joe?

Connecticut, can't you do something about this guy? He's an embarrassment to vertebrate life, fer cryin' out loud.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

5 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Sounds like Obama buttonholed him on the Senate Floor and read him the riot act. (I hope!)

It also sounds like Obama is playing for keeps and starting off as he means to go on, grasping the rings of power and forging ahead.

What a difference to my state of mind now that Hilary is conceding.

A bunch of bloggers are saying we need to stop bashing Hil and start supporting party unity. I'm sure they're right for the long run. But it sure is hard to stop on a dime and change my thoughts. That lady showed what she's really made of and I was as close to hating a politician as I've ever come. And I've deleted some bloggers from my bookmarks because they were as ungracious as she was about Obama's win. Some were people I've really respected for some original thinking on various subjects.

Anyway, now I feel like I can celebrate and move forward again instead of feeling the a balloon that's been burst.

Hope your folks are feeling better and you, too.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Dad is so A-OK, he's been discharged! This is good.

Mum's taken a turn for the worse, but they're keeping her on oxygen, and monitoring her around the clock. Her saint of a doctor says he will keep in touch over the weekend. Thank all the deities and wise people for socialized medicine!

I'm over the worst &mdash no more burning in lungs, throat, nose, cough seems to be dying away, fever's broken.

Thank you for your kind words of love and support.

As for President-elect Obama, for once we're seeing a Democrat who has spine! He didn't hesitate to seize the rings, did he? No more lobbyist money at the DNC! No personal attacks on McCain despite a withering barrage of attacks on McBush. Nothing but gracious charm and warm acceptance of Hillary supporters.

Like you, I'm not able to accept certain Hillary supporters. It is with deep sadness that I have taken my leave of some otherwise excellent people who seem to be mired in hatred. Hopefully they will come to see that the cult of personality is less important than reversing the horrors of the past eight years.

The country can and must be saved, and if anyone can do it, President Obama can. He is the epitome of careful thought and rigorous planning and attention to detail.

{{Hugs Sandy tight}} Thank you for being so concerned and supportive through these times. I look forward to pouring you a (virtual or real) glass of champagne on 20th January 2009!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I meant to add: Hillary herself has lost me forever. Although she can somewhat redeem herself by holding to her promise of campaigning with all her heart and soul for Obama, I'm not sure I trust her anymore. She is a smart woman, and good on policy analysis, but her desire for power at all costs betrayed her horribly.

She seems now like one of the great figures of Greek tragedy. So much promise, so much love and admiration as she had; in the end something within her drove her to throw it all away.

I first heard of her when she was working with Marion Wright Edelman, and I was impressed with her commitment to the rights of children and women. Impressed with her speeches, her fearless, fiery ability to take on anyone or thing and never cede an inch. So sad to bid her goodbye.

She and Bill have taught me a good lesson: never to buy into the cult of personality. Obama had damn well better be a good President. Although his insistence on ensuring that taxpayers can see where every dollar of their taxes is going is a good start. We, the people, must take back our government.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

hillary is gone as far as i am concerned -- people can choose to continue to support and admire her -- but this country is better off with her far far away from the oval office

as for lieberman --- he really needs to be put in a zoo.....

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

PC - I concur with your thoughts about Hillary. The cult of personality can come back to bite you on the butt! (Look at the Bush years!)

When I started getting that odd disconnect feeling from Hillary's words that I used to get from the Bush Admin's two-faced pronouncements, I began to realize that Hillary was channeling the Bush spirit in Democratic dress. Sometimes you have to trust your gut to sense when someone's gone over the edge to Alice in Wonderland-land. That's when I began to back away from her, although Edwards was always my first choice until he dropped out. I was also suspicious when I heard she had been on the Wal-Mart Board. I thought to myself, "How could she square that with her conscience?"

Well, I'm glad she seems to be moving forward to support Obama. I hope he can utilize her skills to bring about Universal Healthcare. I've heard some people seem to prefer Hillary's plan to Obama's and if she has some good points maybe he'll listen to her and that will be to the good.

I'm going to take a little break from the hullabaloo of the campaign and visit with my family in Lake Tahoe at a timeshare they've taken in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to chilling out.

Hope you're soon back in tip top health and that your folks are too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home