ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Is Memorial Maxx Day

The most beloved kitty of the innertubes graces us with his beautiful presence:



Is Maxxie not the most beautiful boy? Sweet, too. Over at 4LG's, you can find lots more sweet Maxxie boy. Still missing you, sweetie boy. You don't even know how much you're missed. See you someday.
Never saw the mornin' till I stayed up all night
Never saw the sunshine till you turned out the light
Never saw my hometown until I stayed away too long
Never heard the melody till I needed the song
Never knew how much I loved you, Maxxie, till you were gone.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

PC - thanks for posting this lovely picture of "da boy." What an amazing creature he was, to inspire such love even more than a year later.

Thank you for the pictures of the lovely Cloud, too. I came here to see what your comments might be on the Obama flap and found respite in these sweet pictures.

I feel, once again, that I've fallen down the rabbit hole every time I read about Hillary. Everything about her resonates the same bad way I felt about Bush.

I am really furious and dismayed that Obama has been portrayed so badly over his choice of words. We live in weird and unwonderful times when people can focus on such a tempest in a teapot!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hi, Sandy!

Yes, Maxx with the M on his brow still lives in our hearts.

I know what you mean about Clinton. She gives me a bad feeling too. You'll be pleased to hear that most of the rest of the nation (with the exception of the rabid Clinton supporters) have had very little negative reaction to Obama's speech. Clinton's desire to twist his words and her attacks from the right are designed to destroy Obama's candidacy, not create dialogue. She's losing in a big way, though.

I never thought it would come to this, but I will be very glad when Hillary Clinton is finally consigned to the dustbin of history. In some ways, she's worse than Bush and McCain, because she tries to make you believe she's on the side of progressives, Liberals, and Democrats. At least with Bush and McCain, it's clear that they're not in the least bit progressive. The enemy that wears the mask of a friend is more dangerous.

I sincerely hope she loses Pennsylvania by at least ten points. In any event, according to the math she must win by 65% or more in every one of the remaining races. She won't. It's over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home