B.A.D. Stroll Through The Blogroll
Graphics courtesy of Skippy, concept courtesy of Skippy and Jon Swift
We haven't been very ambulatory of late, so we'll have to make up for it with regular schlepping around the blogroll in search of the treasures we've been blessed with since Blogroll Amnesty Day.
Today's featured blog gems:
- Dr. Zaius over at Zaius Nation gives us the intelligent simian's discourse on Emperor Haile Selassie and the religion of Rastafari. An engrossing read.
- Over at West Africa Wins Always, Pauline tells us how rising energy costs impact food costs in a part of the world most of us ignore. Her photographs are stunning.
- Over at the s.n.a.f.u. principle, DJ captures perfectly what we've been thinking (but not saying) about the whole Web 2.0 phenomenon.
We're not ashamed to admit that we actually worked on one of the first internet marketing projects ever (yes, that's how ancient we are) &mdash and heard all about how it was going to blow away brick and mortar and yadayadaya, fourteen (14) years ago.
- The Field Negro, over at his place, doesn't need our linky love, being a much bigger, famouser, and all-round kickass cooler blog. We're linking to his post about a black judge who is catching flak for kicking all the white folks out of his courtroom to lecture some nasty-ass juvies. Because we like what he has to say.
- The Barefoot Bum brings a true American hero to our attention, grateful thanks.
- Terry over at TerryFacePlace has the most amazing photos of an anti-war rally in San Diego???
Hey, maybe those of us who want this war to be over are not alone, after all. Check out Wyanblog in Michigan, where some dedicated people have braved nasty weather weekly to make their regular ongoing protest against the war.
- BustedKnuckles, over at Ornery Bastard, tells Doug Feith where to stick it and &mdash like the concerned, helpful soul he is &mdash offers to show him how.
- Brandy, over at Moue Magazine, makes a good case for not seating the Florida delegates.
- Nunya, over at politickybitch, brings YET ANOTHER FUCKING HALLIBURTON RAPE CASE to our attention. Sorry for screaming. But seriously, what the fuck is it with Halliburton, open season on women? Rape as a hobby?
- Sungold, over at Kittywampus, does a simply brilliant job of stating the importance of reproductive rights. A must-read.
- The inimitable Distributorcap rips some significant poundage out of Darrell Issa (Repulsive-CAtbox), and a more deserving target we have rarely seen (outside of the Repulsive Party, that is). Schmuck is much too nice a term for Issa, who deserves to be booted into obscurity, if only for inventing the car alarm (just one of his many sins, really).