ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, January 07, 2008

2008 Elections: How Many Voted In Iowa?

Sorry, we're a bit late getting this thrilling stat to y'all, but here it is, courtesy of Democratic Underground:
239,000 Democrats - almost double the number of 2004 - turned out to vote in the Iowa Caucus, compared with a measly 108,000 Republicans. Not only that, but more than three times as many Independents plumped for the Democrats over the Republicans. And this in a so-called "red state" that went for George W. Bush in 2004.
Source: CNN Election Center 2008.

Wow, d'you think they used industrial-strength spackle to fill in the wrinkles in Grampa Fred's face?

Fred Thompson without spackle

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Hah! Take that you Repiglican piglets! And I am not addressing just any Republicans, no. I mean the ones who would try to steal the 08 election and install more war, death, and destruction on America and the world. Not this time!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I love your comments!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

And I love your posts! I wish I had more time to comment though as there is always so much going on that needs commenting on. Like the report of the Iranian boats harrassing our ships yesterday. Did that really happen? Maybe, I don't know, but it sure makes me think "Gulf of Tonkin." We still need to be on our toes here and I am glad to see you tackling all this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home