ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Update: Erla Lillendahl


In her own words, on her own blog, which she kindly had translated into English for those of us who don't read Icelandic.

A partial quote:
I didn't understand the officials’ conduct, for they were treating me like a very dangerous criminal. Soon thereafter I was removed from the cubicle and two armed guards placed me up against a wall. A chain was fastened around my waist and I was handcuffed to the chain. Then my legs were placed in chains. I asked for permission to make a telephone call but they refused. So secured, I was taken from the airport terminal in full sight of everybody.
If you didn't know better, you'd think you were reading a novel by Kafka.

If you come across this post, Ms. Lillendahl, please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience. I'd hate to suffer such an experience. I hope some satisfactory resolution is reached.

The only positive thing I can say about this entire affair is, at least she wasn't a brown or black woman in that position. She'd probably be in Guantanamo by now.

Labels: , , , , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home