ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Health - Pumpkins Hold Out Hope For Diabetics


YAY! This is great news. Apparently, Chinese scientists have found that certain compounds in pumpkin flesh assist the pancreas in regenerating insulin-producing cells. So far, it's been found effective against Type 1 diabetes, but researchers believe it might also be effective against Type 2.

Pumpkins are delicious curried. I know Sandy would probably like a recipe, so let me root around and find one to post.

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Yes, I'm always on the lookout for new break-throughs in diabetes research. There's been interesting tidbits about the efficacy of cinnamon and various other things.

Thanks!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I have a wonderful recipe with chickpeas and cinnamon, which I must post for you. Now a confession: my mother is diabetic, as is a really dear colleague and an ex-colleague and friend. So I try to keep up on the latest advances and keep them informed. I hope a cure is found and that you, and all my other near and dear, benefit from it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home