ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Religion - It Makes You Mean And Crazy


Geez, why are religious fundies' underpants in a big old wad once again? Because some other religious people are having fun celebrating their religion. And it's not hurting anyone, so I don't see what the problem is.

I'll admit, I wouldn't care to attend this type of religious ceremony. But then again, I wouldn't care to attend any religious ceremony, on the whole. This seems more honest to me than those ranting eejits like falwell, bigots and homophobes who, with the slick and oily charm of used-car salesmen, parted the stupid poor from their money and invested said money in living lives of rankly hypocritical luxury. Sheesh, lighten up, godbags.

Stumble It!

5 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger McBlogget said...

Is this a Church of the Subgenius infiltration?

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I dunno, boo, but you sent me the original link.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do this because they do not understand the Biblical function or purpose of church in Christianity.

You don't understand why Christians speak against this because you don't understand that either.

You quoted your story from my website, but you may have missed some other of my posts. I have several posts on my blog that may help your understanding:

What is “Church” : “Gathering of the saints” or “stroking my felt-needs?”
http://galatiansc4v16.wordpress.com/2006/08/03/what-is-church-gathering-of-the-saints-or-stroking-my-felt-needs/

Go and Tell or Come and Hear?
http://galatiansc4v16.wordpress.com/2006/09/26/go-and-tell-or-come-and-hear/

Why I Love the Church…five biblical reasons
http://galatiansc4v16.wordpress.com/2006/05/27/why-i-love-the-churchfive-biblical-reasons/

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Don't lecture me on Christianity. I got As in Bible study in school, and I have read the Bible in many versions and also read a great deal of thoughtful commentary thereupon. Further, I will remind you that Jesus said to his disciples, "Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, there I will always be." He did not say, build huge expensive buildings, get tax-free status, use your money to dress in fancy robes to worship me, or any of that shit. He drove the moneylenders out of the temple, and extolled the value of the widow's mite. He dined with whores and beggars, and washed the feet of those rejected by society at large. He was a voice for the weak and powerless, not for those obsessed by society and its meaningless mores.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't disagree with any of that. What is your point? I was explaining why people don't understand the function of church, and your response didn't address anything I said.

tr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home