ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Politics, Comedy, What Difference Does It Make?



The Huffington Post carries a clip of Jon Stewart interviewing Tenet. I watched it with no particular preconceptions - willing to cut Tenet any needed slack if I felt I ought to. Generally, I tend to disagree with popular opinion. The less popular a person or idea is, the more likely I am to give them/it a sympathetic hearing. I don't like other people telling me what to think or feel or do. I'm often wrong, I'll admit. Sometimes a person is justifiably disliked or despised, and a sympathetic hearing is not merited.

Still, I was surprised to find myself so annoyed with George Tenet. He seemed superficial, mentally lazy, recycling the clichespeak of the day with no effort to explain just what went on.

Then I read this. Coward, liar, moral douchebag, and now war profiteer. Is it right that this man, who would not and could not stand up to this misadministration, gains $2.3 million dollars while the servicemen and women fighting in this war are not even able to secure adequate medical care or housing, or even sufficient funds for a fucking headstone at their burial?

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home