ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Hating Teh Gay

PinkNews features a story about how Google acted to take down a hate site. Why do people think this sort of thing is OK? It's all of a piece with Ann Coulter calling John Edwards "gay". Given that Edwards has a good, enduring marriage with someone of the opposite sex, and Coulter has never been married, but has broken off multiple engagements, she ought not to raise an issue about someone else's sexuality. More to the point, why does she think "gay" is a slur? What kind of idiots cheer her on, when she makes such a statement? Isn't Coulter simply one end of the spectrum that leads to violence and the acting out of homophobia?

Disgusting.

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

I love the way you write about books! I'm making a list for inter-library loan purposes... And I laughed out loud when you got to the part about return it or 922 cats and kittens will take action! About Sarah Vowell - did you read Assination Vacation? I tend to read a lot of political stuff, but do you like good fantasy? Have you heard of George R. R. Martin's ongoing A Song of Ice and Fire?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hi, Lizzy, how nice to see you! Have 922 cats (and kittens!) given you the day off? No, I've never read anything else by Sarah Vowell, but I hear about her all the time. Should I read this book? That is, do you recommend it? I love fantasy, in fact I have a hard time staying away from it, but because every room and desk and inch of floor space was covered with books before the Massive Reorganization last November, I've had to rethink my reading habits. I must get some of these non-fantasy books read, just so that I can give them away, or otherwise get them out of my living space! Are you recommending George Martin's book? Please do tell. Thanks for dropping by. I'll come by your place soon, if only to gaze into AreToo's engaging, enormous eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home