ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Solidarity with Wisconsin Protesters




First they came for the teachers' union,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a teacher.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the software developers and sent their jobs elsewhere,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a software developer.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.


-----------------------------

Not sure about unions? Sure you don't want a union? Read here -- very good article by San Francisco Chronicle columnist, Jon Carroll, about the importance of unions for every worker.

Analysis of the situation by Paul Krugman: Shock Doctrine, U.S.A

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home