ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meta: Grief and Loss

ICHC

If you've been hanging out at this blog as long as I have, you know my good friend Chuck Butcher.

He's been an excellent blogfriend, a good human being with levels of kindness I have hardly expected. Online community. Chuck defines it for me. A gentleman through and through.

Chuck lost his son Nick recently, to the demons that prey on our souls. Drop by, won't you, and read what he has to say on his grief and loss. I guess that's what community is. When your friends hurt, you hurt. And everybody knows there is no greater hurt than for a parent to lose a child.

No parent should ever have to bury their child. Regards, Chuck and family. Words don't make it better, but they're all I have right now.

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger sgtg said...

Couple things.

I only know Chuck through this blog. Just read his post. Tears. My daughter is almost 19. Sorry Chuck.

PCat - welcome back. I long to read your rants. I've been subsisting on IBTP, which I dearly love, but nothing can quite replace PCat.

And nothing can replace Nick Butcher.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

The responses have been extraordinary and have helped my family along.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Thanks, sgtg, it's good to see youze. Hugs, Chuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home