ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Politics: FISA


Grrr. That miserable ass-kissing creep, Steny Hoyer, has rolled over on the telco immunity for the FISA bill. McJoan at DailyKos has the agonizing details.

If you have any interest in knowing just how much the telcos spied on you, and what the government did with this information, please do as McJoan says and call these telephone numbers:

Call Barack Obama and urge him to make a public statement reiterating his opposition to telco amnesty. His opposition could kill this deal: Phone (202) 224-2854, Fax (202) 228-4260

Call Steny Hoyer and tell him this is a bad deal: Phone (202) 225-4131, Fax (202) 225-4300

Call Nancy Pelosi and urge her to pull the bill from the House schedule: Phone (202) 225-4965, Fax (202) 225-8259

Call your representative and tell them to vote no on the FISA rewrite tomorrow.

McJoan has the telephone numbers of the Blue Dog Dems who voted for this bill, and those who had the courage to vote for the better version. If you value your right to be free of intrusive Government surveillance, please go to the link and do as McJoan asks.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

5 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Queers United said...

grr politics get me furious sometimes

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

I think I'm fucking losing my mind... I can't even write about it.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger zoe said...

They have to have some shit on these people....I cannot believe this is happening. Yeah, I know, the telecoms spent millions lobbying this bill, but what the fuck?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hey, QU,

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes I get so furious when I'm reading this stuff that I have to go do something else for half an hour to cool down.

Wow, Chuck, I got you to swear! That's my accomplishment of the day. (grin) OTOH, it took me quite a while to calm down enough to write about it. And I'd better never ever be alone in a dark alley with Hoyer, that smarmy son-of-a turtle.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Zoe,

That's probly it. The telcos or Repubs have video footage or tape of conversations involving Steny Hoyer doing something utterly reprehensible. He's been pushing for immunity all along, the creep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home