ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Friday, February 22, 2008

B.A.D. - Stroll Through Blogtopia

Graphics credits Skippy, concept credit Skippy and Jon Swift

It's been a rough week, on many of us, for many reasons. So pardon our dust as we belatedly rush, not stroll, through blogtopia(y,Sctp!), pausing only long enough to pick up an award that the lovely Brandy over at Moue has bestowed upon us.


The rules state that after receiving the Excellent Blog Award, you must pass it on to 10 more excellent bloggers. What a terrific idea! That's a good way to promote blog traffic, especially to small undiscovered treasures of blogtopia.
  • 922 Cats, where Lizzy does a fine job of recording many beautiful and elegant things complete with photographs, while bravely ignoring hairballs and their sound effects;

  • Wyan.blog, where Poe chronicles the efforts of some fine people who demonstrate what's best about a democracy;

  • Blogging Out Loud, where Alan does his best to kill! me! dead! with his adroit skewering of Republican politicians and godbotherers;

  • Zippidy Doo Da, where liquiddaddy and Chief Charley Hoarse have a fine time with Photoshop and politics;

  • The Inscription, where gargantua points out some scarring truths in clear prose;

  • wAitiNG foR doROthY makes me think, dammit, about some painful things &mdash and rewards me with some very weird video;

  • Ted's Soapbox 2.0, where Ted reminds me of all the other important things in life - the joys and sorrows of loving your family, your pets, and your fellow humans;

  • kittywampus talks to me about important concerns;

  • Casa de Charlotte della luna reminds me that as bad as things have been for New Orleans, there is a vital spark of life and beauty there that will not let grimness and decay win out;

  • Much of a Muchness gives me beauty that soothes my soul (confession: I do love paper).


Pass it on, you wonderful people, and perhaps this will help us discover more new treasures for the blogroll!

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

10 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Charlotte Hamrick said...

Awww....I am so psyched that you get it about what I'm trying to do with my blog. I soooo luv New Orleans - I couldn't live anywhere else - and I want everyone to know

WE'RE STILL STANDING! Come visit - we luv our tourists and we luv to pass a good time!

Thanks for the link.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hey, Charlotte, how nice to see you here!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jerry Kiely said...

I say Mr. Politicalcat sir,

thanks you so much for the link, and I really enjoyed your description of my site (especially the clear prose part). Please feel free to drop by anytime.

Yours, etc.

J.K.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jerry Kiely said...

Sir,

re: looking shite in the eye, I could ask you the same question. Where are you from? Your vernacular would lead me to believe you are from the same part of the world as I am. And kudos for listing the ISB among your favourite bands. They're at the very top of my list too (damn it, I should really update my profile page). In fact, I haven't listened to them for a while (I think an evening with "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter" is on the cards).

I really dig your blog old fruit. It's tagged as a favourite in my feed aggregator. Props to Jon Swift, without whom I'd never have found your great blog. BAD works!

Huzzah!

J.K.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Sungold said...

Yes, BAD is truly good.

Thanks so much for the kindness, TPC. I'm blushing bright pink!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Looking shite in the eye, gargantua, old seedpod, makes us reach for the liquid amber or gold. Without modern medicine, i.e., psychoactives, we'd already be sportin' a redder second smile. Thanks so much for the compliment. In turn, when I found your gates of Theleme, I knew a kindred soul.

BAD is good, indeed. Think I'll drop a line to Jon and Skippy, apprising them of that undoubtedly hitherto unrealized conclusion. ;^)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Right you are, Sungold - though I didn't think Sungolds came in any color but gold ...

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger poe said...

Wow! Congratulations on the award...you are most certainly excellent! And many thanks for including me on your list. I am humbled and very appreciative. Now I'm off to peruse the other honorees. If this keeps up and I keep finding new blogs I love I'll have to quit my job! But I do love the discovery and wonder of it all.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Poe, what you do is most excellent. You are participating in and recording and communicating a truly grass-roots democratic activism. It is my great pleasure to acknowledge the excellence of your blog!

Every blog I featured in this post is truly excellent. And there are so many others out there.

PS: I'm really glad I met you, Poe.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Just spotted this award. Thank you so much - much appreciated. Especially coming from a fellow paper-holic :)

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home