ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

B.A.D. Featured Blogger

We have an excuse for not posting a featured blogger yesterday. Actually we have two. One, we were goddamned tired, and Two, we read three books yesterday. Three! We're so pleased. All interesting, we must add. We're putting them on our February book review, which we post over at CultureVultures, our sisterblog. We'll post it on Leap Year Day.

But enough about us.

Today's featured bloggers &mdash there's just too many excellent bloggers out there to feature only one per day &mdash are:
  • Nunya, over at PolitickyBitch, who has a good time mocking the WATB wing of the Republican Party (uh, that would be all of them, right?);
  • Kyle, over at Comments from Left Field, who does a very interesting job of dissecting Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's claims as to their electability vis-a-vis John McCain;
  • while Barrymax over at Jonestown is raising my hopes about Obama with this neat little tremulous yet hopeful post.
All very inspiring, and Dashiell's Photoshops at Jonestown deserve an extra mention, ew.

And finally, we posted over at our sisterblog, CultureVultures, about Rotus' music site, Clarkspicks, and a wonderful clip of Ali Farka Toure. You need to check this out. Just go.

Labels: , , , ,

Stumble It!

8 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger s. douglas said...

On behalf of my fellow inmates, we'd like to thank you for the righteous props.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You're very welcome! Thanks for the blogrollment.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mr. 618 said...

Howdy, PC. I wasn't blowing you off... just having a be-yotch of a time dealing with dial up at the luxurious Chez 618... got ya on Ye Olde Blogrolle finally.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, thanks! So relieved at not being told to, you know, FOAD. Hope you like what you see and c'mon by any time. Eww, creepy graphic.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger One Fly said...

PCat, followed your link to Clarkspicks and it appears you are a fan of Arican music as I am. Did this post on two stations that stream and each have two hour African music programs. KUSP has never let me down.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Yes, I do, I love African music! I'll rummage around in your blog but if you ever want to drop a few names of musicians you think I should hear - I have Mohammed Bellemou, I really like Rai, Ali Farka Toure, of course, geesh, just feel free to tell me, dude. Thanks a lot!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger One Fly said...

PCat- I will get back to you on this for sure. Leaving Friday for the cornfield and looks like there will be a weather window meaning no blizzards. Will do a post before I leave on that and something interesting I found.

Pauline from west africa wins always writes from Abidjan and it's almost like being there at times plus some great pictures. Your site is one of my favorites.
Giv'em hell. tb

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I just blogrolled Pauline. I've never been to Cote d'Ivoire, but I had a friend/colleague who was born and raised there. She went back a couple years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home