ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Politics - Conservative Attacks "Brownshirt Bush"


It is good to see that there are some conservatives with a conscience. I used to have some fairly conservative ideas myself, once, but since Shrubya took power, I've found myself increasingly repulsed by the lack of empathy on the part of the conservative talking heads. Anyone who can casually talk of war victims as "collateral damage," or excuse the torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo is not someone I would care to associate with in any way, shape, or form, not even by association of ideas.

I'll admit that these things forced me to re-examine my own conservative ideas, and forced me to change many, if not most, of them. To which I say, all the better. I was headed down a narrow path with a selfish view of the world, and I am glad that is no more. I have examined my conscience, and the introspection has resulted in needed change. No more will I listen to the siren song of the greedy and selfish. Their lies have been exposed by this terrible, unnecessary military intervention, and by all the things they have done since. Katrina shone the cold light of day upon these worms. As the floodwaters rose and people died, they lolled about in their safe havens, eating, drinking, and making merry. While Al Gore chartered a plane to rescue as many people as he could and refusing publicity for it, while Sean Penn navigated the swollen waters and pulled people on to boats, while people begged for rescue, they allowed their Blackwater dogs to threaten and menace the citizenry and force them into hellholes to die. Bad cess to them all, and may they experience all of Dante's levels of hell in their lives, and after their deaths.

Thank you, Paul Craig Roberts, for speaking out on what is right.
President Bush's apparent plans for a preemptive nuclear strike on Iran will only add to the civilian death toll as a result of US intervention that has placed the president "high on the list of mass murders of all time," a former aide in President Ronald Reagan's administration known for strident anti-Bush rhetoric said Friday.

"Bush is too self-righteous to see the dark humor in his denunciations of Iran for threatening 'the security of nations everywhere' and of the Iraqi resistance for 'a vision that rejects tolerance, crushes all dissent, and justifies the murder of innocent men, women, and children in the pursuit of political power,'" writes Paul Craig Roberts, a former assistant secretary of the Treasury. "Those are precisely the words that most of the world applies to Bush and his Brownshirt administration."
More at Raw Story.

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home