Ronald Reagan Day passes the CA Senate, barf!
I really must be living in a nightmare and I'm in desperate need of rescue. TPC, where are you? Come wake me up! Tell me I'm just dreaming and it all really is just a bad dream!
So I'm listening to Karel on the radio today and he brought this insanity to my attention where the California Senate unanimously passed a bill honoring Ronald Reagan with his own special day. If this passes I guess we are all supposed to sing his praises for all the great and wonderful things he did for us and the world. You know, things like:
1. Refusing to do anything about the AIDS epidemic and letting thousands of people die from it (including my cousin),
2. Taking away free education in California and putting us on course to making a college education out of reach and impossibly expensive,
3. Closing down our mental institutions and tossing seriously mentally ill people on the streets,
4. Busting unions and sending labor into a virtual death spiral,
5. Raising taxes on the middle class while cutting taxes on the filthy rich,
6. And supporting right wing extremist in Central America who tortured and murdered hundreds of thousands of people.
How's that for starters? Anyone want to add to this list? Please do.
And so if this bill goes into law, next year on Ronald Reagan Day I will celebrate by barfing my guts out. How about you? Stumble It!