ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ronald Reagan Day passes the CA Senate, barf!

I really must be living in a nightmare and I'm in desperate need of rescue. TPC, where are you? Come wake me up! Tell me I'm just dreaming and it all really is just a bad dream!

So I'm listening to Karel on the radio today and he brought this insanity to my attention where the California Senate unanimously passed a bill honoring Ronald Reagan with his own special day. If this passes I guess we are all supposed to sing his praises for all the great and wonderful things he did for us and the world. You know, things like:

1. Refusing to do anything about the AIDS epidemic and letting thousands of people die from it (including my cousin),

2. Taking away free education in California and putting us on course to making a college education out of reach and impossibly expensive,

3. Closing down our mental institutions and tossing seriously mentally ill people on the streets,

4. Busting unions and sending labor into a virtual death spiral,

5. Raising taxes on the middle class while cutting taxes on the filthy rich,

6. And supporting right wing extremist in Central America who tortured and murdered hundreds of thousands of people.

How's that for starters? Anyone want to add to this list? Please do.

And so if this bill goes into law, next year on Ronald Reagan Day I will celebrate by barfing my guts out. How about you?

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

7. Wasting tax payers $$$ by getting into his jammies at 5pm and watching old movies till Mommie Nancy has to put him to bed.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Hmmm, that should probably be moved up I think to the number 1 spot. And he certainly committed class warfare and redistributed wealth upwards. Let them eat cake? No, he let the poor eat the crumbs that fell off the crumbs off the cake.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

You do have a way with words, Friend of TPC!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Ted said...

Do they get a day off work with pay?


Have you seen Rocky from Alien Trucker?

www.pafundi.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom casualties as confirmed by U.S. Central Command: 5401

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger affraidknot said...

This is highly disturbing to me. Is there any organized action being taken to stop this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home