ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Books - Pottermania


Yeah, yeah, yeah. I read it. Borrowed it from Smoke (of course) Thursday, finished it the same night. Not exactly a strenuous read.

What, you might ask, does this do to the Ambitious Reading Plan? Well, I had decided before I ever formulated the plan that it was to be a guide, not a straightjacket. We (Ms. Manitoba and I) often come across a book or ten that is just begging to be read immediately, and just isn't on the Scheduled Reading List for this year.

Well, fuckit, I say. Are we to be ruled by our own plots and schemes? Never! We devised it simply to make our lives easier, not to get caught up in nerve-wracking, guilt-tripping, obsessive-compulsive pavement-crack-counting neuroses. So I read Harry Potter. Now back to the other 94 on the list.

I'll be putting my most current reviews up on Tuesday, probably, as I prefer to do it at the very end of the month, just in case I manage to finish some weighty tome or the other at midnight on the last day of the allotted time period. And, oh, yes, an updated reading list.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger S K G Rao said...

Hi,
I did not see a cat,please post your cat's photo and leave your URL in my blog guest book with your views on my blog.My blog URL:
http://engineeringtextilesforindia.blogspot.com
Thanks from INDIA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home