Saturday, October 24, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Women's Rights: Jamie Leigh Jones
This woman has guts. She really does. She's taken a horrible experience and turned it into a blazing fight for justice. I look at her sweet little face and think, if I was her father, brother, husband, boyfriend? Some KBR employees would be sitting around wondering what happened to their gonads.
You know who else has guts? Our newest Senator, Al Franken. Watch him kick KBR's lawyer's ass nine ways to Sunday.
Minnesota, you did the right thing by giving us this wonderful guy. He comes to his committees and hearings PREPARED. He reads everything. And he's sharp as a tack.
Go, Senator Al!
Now I see why the Rethuglicans were so terrified of letting him into the Senate. He does not mealymouth around.
So, Minnesota, all y'all gotta do now is get rid of that batshit-crazy Bachmann and we're, like, on, yaknow?
Damn, he rocks. DiBernardo's going to take a week or two to dislodge that pointy boot from his ass. Serves him right too. Stumble It!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Have a great day, everyone!!! Stumble It!
Friday, October 09, 2009
Peace and Love is right, congratulations President Obama
All we are saying, is give peace a chance! On this day, John Lennon's birthday, I want to congratulate President Obama on winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I think it is well deserved and I hope this prize gives him even more encouragement and resolve to pursue policies that promote peace and not war. Yes, it is a dangerous world, a jungle out there, but I think he is trying to build relationships in the world and is pursuing diplomacy as a means to reduce tensions and solve problems. There is a lot of work to be done, we're not there yet and may never get there, but I hope this gives President Obama even more encouragement and resolve to do that.
And I know how this rankles the far right wing in this country, all the looney bin nuts. The assholes from hell. Real stinking smelly ones at that. I'm sure they are just livid at the thought of President Obama being successful and representing America as a shining light in the world in a way those war mongering bastards, like a neighbor from hell, never could. This is a point of pride for America and these assholes ought to get their heads screwed on straight and recognize it. But in the meantime, shut up your fucking pie holes and maybe we all will be rewarded with a world we can live in. Now that I got that out, I can go back to being peaceful. Congratulations President Obama! Stumble It!
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Blogging light to nonexistent over the next few days, as this blogger hies off to parts nearby on a brief holiday, leaving Ms. Manitoba to hold down the fort.
See y'all in a few, comrades! (There's another word that won't make it into the New Conservative Bible being written right now by über-gay rightard John Schlafly.)
Stay safe and happy, y'awl! Back in a bit. Stumble It!
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Religion: It Makes You Craaaaaazy
Hahaha. Apparently, Phyllis Schlafly's ever-so-closeted QUEEN of a son has decided to invite help from fellow Conservapedians in rewriting the Wholly Babble. You know, to remove all that "liberal bias." Here's how they plan to go about it:
1. Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal biasTruly. You can't make this shit up. These denizens of rightwingnuttia are determined, I tellya, de-fucking-termined to write all that socialist, communist, love-yer-brother shit right out of teh Holy Book. So, John Schlafly — are you going to take someone's dick out of your mouth long enough to edit out all teh gay-h8ing crap? Or are you going to be a weenie in every sense of the word and leave it all in?
2. Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, "gender inclusive" language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
3. Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level
4. Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop; defective translations use the word "comrade" three times as often as "volunteer"; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as "word", "peace", and "miracle".
5. Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as "gamble" rather than "cast lots"; using modern political terms, such as "register" rather than "enroll" for the census
6. Accept the Logic of Hell: applying logic with its full force and effect, as in not denying or downplaying the very real existence of Hell or the Devil.
7. Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning
8. Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story
9. Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels
10. Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities; prefer concise, consistent use of the word "Lord" rather than "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" or "Lord God."
Republican Jesus courtesy of RepublicanDirtyTricks, which you should only read right now
Of course, because logic is not their strong point, they don't seem to have realized (will they ever?) that by rewriting the supposedly Inerrant Word of Gawd, they're proving that, far from being inerrant, it is simply the work of man, who changes it to suit his sentiments of the moment. This is called being hoist by one's own petard. And although Wikipedia insists that a petard is a small bomb that could blow up and injure the party using it on others, I prefer to believe, in keeping with the root word, pet, which is French for fart, that these moral midgets run the risk of blowing themselves up to the M-o-o-o-o-n with their own farts.
Because that's what this project represents: pseudo-intellectual farts in a strong wind, which have a definite likelihood of blowing right back up the arsehole of those who delivereth them and propelling them on to, as it were, greater heights.
I can't wait to see what the churches and the religious right, the last bastion of ReapUglyCon support, have to say about this. Methinks it ain't gonna be good. Stumble It!
Entertainment: Too Funny!
From friend and fellow-blogger Nunya, over at PolitickyBitch:
Because she knows how to make a Cat laugh! Stumble It!
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Happy Caturday, everyone! Celebrate wiv Baysment Cat! Even Baysment Cat takes Caturday off from the all-important task of harvesting souls.
On the home front, the felinoids (we call them felinoids because they always feel annoyed, no matter what you're doing) are welcoming the fall with sleeping, sleeping, and still more sleeping. Interspersed with a little ass-biting. Madu has eased up on his rodent extermination duties thanks to the presence of some hooty owls which appear to be nesting in a nearby tree. They're new to the area, or at least new of late. The first time we heard one, we thought someone was coughing.
Madu and Gojira NOT fighting for a change
In the event, they seem to be keeping the nasty little pocket gophers away, which delights the plants, no doubt.
We're hiking tomorrow, a four-mile hike, possibly, along a relatively easy trail. Slight elevations, a little scree, nothing too rugged.
Although we have our eye on a guided hike to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro for 2011. Slowly by slowly, as my people say.
Do cats suffer from sleep apnea? Two of the fattest in the Home Tribe are snoring so loudly these days, it's enough to wake a body from a sound sleep. Or deep sleep, anyway. Stumble It!
Happy Anniversary, Mr. President and First Lady!
President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama
It is the anniversary of the President and his lovely First Lady, and they celebrated with a quiet dinner. What a joy this lovely couple is!
Happy anniversary to you both. May your marriage flourish and bring you, your children, and your nation joy for many more years. Stumble It!