You may have noticed that your hosts at this fine establishment took yesterday off. Yes. And while we were napping, as it were, at the helm, Santa Fixer
came along and POW! tagged us. So pardon our dust while we post the results.
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Gift bags unless the spouse wraps.
2. Real or artificial tree?
No tree. Plenty enough all around the house, don't need one inside.
3. When do you put up the tree?
4. When do you take the tree down?
Fixer sez: Normally, since I don't put one up (godless, atheist, heathen, infidel bastid) [snips].
So I sez: I'm with Fixer on this one.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Yup. In small quantities.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Scrabble set of revered memory.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Did one one year, using animals for the various figures. Joseph was a buffalo, and Mary was a rhino. I think the three wise men were a camel, a tiger, and a lion. And of course, we had two cats in there as well. All done with the assistance of The Divine Madame X.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Corky's euthanasia. That was a sad Xmas.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, but we've been slack lately.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Something scary and dark - Aliens, or like dat.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
We try to get stuff like memberships to the SPCA, subscriptions to Science News or Funny Times, and the odd thing that we pick up over the course of the year. Allergy to crowds absolutely precludes shopping any time between mid-October through January.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything that doesn't try to eat me first. (Fixer, we must be twins separated at birth.) I draw the line at eyeballs and bad cooking.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
Adeste Fideles, or any Latin hymns, really.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Drive up to the inlaws.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Hmmm ... On, Donder, On Blitzen, On Master and Visa? (Filched, of course, from Fixer.)
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Cat. They just love running up trees. I used to worry about getting them down, till a nice young fireman assured me that no one had ever found a cat skeleton in a tree.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Christmas Day after lunch, which is served around 4 pm.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The commercialism and the crowds and the dreadful music.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
21. What do you leave for Santa?
Jeebus, what am I, stupid, I'm going to leave stuff for something I don't believe in? You can bet your ass if I find someone schlepping down my chimney he'll be leaving in cuffs by the front door with an ass shot fulla holes.
22. Least favorite holiday song?
Anything modern. I like the fusty old songs and hymns.
23. Favorite ornament?
What, with five cats, we're gonna have ornaments?
24. Family tradition?
Ever since we started driving up to the inlaws, the day has been spent getting thoroughly soused. Now we have to cook dinner as well, so there's the obligatory nervous shrieking about all the stuff to schlep up there (they're not the best cooks, they think pepper is a spice), plus enough wine to keep the old girl soused. And books to read while sitting through the endless blather.
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
Yes. I actually do like midnight mass on Xmas Eve, especially if its in Latin. Not much patience for religious flummery at other times of the year, but there's something beautiful about lighting the candles at the statue of the Virgin and the procession around the old church.
Hmmm ... Who to tag?Sister Nancy Beth Eczema
NTodd at Dohiyi Mir
Maru the Crankpot over at WTF Is It Now?PSOTDBiomesblogSkippy!The Strange Death of Liberal America
Tag, you're it!
Labels: bloggers, entertainment, fun, I